Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:57:22 +1100
From:      Jeremy <jezz@ihug.com.au>
To:        marcus@marcuscom.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: netatalk-1.5p8_1

I'm pulling my hair out on this one...

I've just completed a clean install of FreeBSD 4.4, ensuring that I installed the requirements of Netatalk 1.5p8 (autoconf, automake, gettext, gmake, libtool, and m4), as reported on http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=netatalk&stype=all

I am trying to get Netatalk running on the server, and I am logged in as root.... typing ./configure in the expanded tarball directory runs through its script, returns no errors, and then typing 'make' fails.

I have just gone through the config.log file, and there are a lot of lines like:
configure: failed program was:
#line 7371 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

When I do a 'make' I get a stream of lines flowing past on the console, and finally an error after this line:
Making all in psorder
Making all in config
Error expanding embedded variable.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/jerm/netatalk-1.5pre8.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/jerm/netatalk-1.5pre8.

Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I'm at a loss to find where I'm failing.  Doing a 'locate confdefs.h' returns no result, so is this a dependency that I do not have installed?

please help... there's not much hair left.

regards,
Jeremy
--
Jeremy        <mailto:jezz@ihug.com.au>