Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:03:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel debug assistance?

I'm trying to track down a problem in 3.3-RELEASE
(which I _think_ might be a linux emu bug that's
crashing the kernel.)

Anyway - I thought I might ask here for some
kernel debugging assistance...

I've got a debuggable kernel, with DDB.

When the panic occurs (which I can readily reproduce)
I drop down into DDB...

Which is great - right?

But - IP is 0x0 (or, sometimes 0x80000000) - so the
trace command in DDB (to show the stack traceback)
doesn't seem to work - all I get is the Trap 12 message.

Does anyone have any sage words of advice on how
to proceed with tracking this down?  At least some
neat trick for determining where the bad branch is
taken?

	 - Thanks -
 	- Dave Rivers -