Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 1997 17:46:02 +0100 (MET)
From:      Emmanuel Duros <eduros@chouette.inria.fr>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lance driver: pb with Multicast !

Hi,

I am using FreeBSD 2.2-961006-SNAP.

My configuration is a Pentium Pro with a the following Ethernet
adapter :

	Proexpert Prosum 10Mb PCI based on a AMD 79C970A chip

I compiled the kernel with the device lnc0 and the controller pci0.

The card seems to be correctly detected, I get the following msg at
boot up:

lnc1 <PCNet/PCI Ethernet adapter> rev 22 int a irq 9 on pci0:13
lnc1: NE2100 (C-LANCE) address 00:c0:fd:10:07:7f

The card works fine except for Multicast which was not enable in the
driver code. I modified slightly the code adding :

#define LNC_MULTICAST

that was commented out. I also added the IFF_MULTICAST to the following
line (lnc_init() function):

sc->arpcom.ac_if.if_flags |= IFF_BROADCAST | IFF_SIMPLEX | IFF_MULTICAST;

Now I can transmit multicast datagrams but I can not receive any.

Any help would be appreciated !!!

Thanks

Emmanuel

PS: could you also reply to my email address...