Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:16:24 -0700
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Danny <dannyh@tig.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine Query ??

Danny wrote:

<snip>

> How do you setup pine so I can specify:-
>
> pop account

	Open up your .pinerc in your home directory and look for the following
section :

# Path of (local or remote) INBOX, e.g. ={mail.somewhere.edu}inbox
# Normal Unix default is the local INBOX (usually
/usr/spool/mail/$USER).
inbox-path=

That will allow you to tell it where to get email from.

> return email address

	This one is a little more interesting.  Back to the .pinerc file and
look for the following section :

# List of features; see Pine's Setup/options menu for the current set.
# e.g. feature-list= select-without-confirm, signature-at-bottom
# Default condition for all of the features is no-.
feature-list=

You may already have some items specified there depending on your
configuration.  At any rate you need to add the "allow-changing-from"
feature, so that last line would now look like :

feature-list=allow-changing-from

This feature is documented to well, I had to dig around to find it.
Once that's in place we can change your from address, look for the
following section :

# Add these customized headers (and possible default values) when
composing
customized-hdrs=

This is where we'll tell it your from address, and I also use it to add
a reply-to, so it now looks something this :

customized-hdrs=Reply-To: FreeBSD User <freebsduser@somedomain.com>,
        From: FreeBSD User <freebsduser@somedomain.com>

> Thank you for your assistance. :)

	No problem, hopefully that covered everything you where looking for.

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu