Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 02:50:55 -0800
From:      Alan DuBoff <aland@blueneptune.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.8-Release vs. 3.1-Release

I'm getting my 2.2.8-Release setup finally, and I'm happy with it.

I know on this list, most of the focus has gone towards 3.1-Release recentely
as that seems to be where problems are existing for pccard.

It seems to me it would be better to use 2.2.8-Release to think about porting
a driver over on, since it is more stable.

I have a feeling that I will be installing 3.1-Release onto another partition.
I 'spose that would be best.

What are other's thoughts on these releases? I honestly don't need SMP
support, and 2.2.8 seems good, however, since 3.1-Release is out, it seems to
make some sense to move on to it...

Maybe I should just install "current" and get it over with...;-)

--

Alan DuBoff - Conductor
Software Orchestration, Inc.