Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:55:05 +0800
From:      lawrence.hy.cheung@philips.com
To:        <dfrazier@Op.Net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make installworld fails...

Hello,

It is because of having difference in the file '/etc/make.conf'.

After you copy a new set of "/etc/*.*" files from /var/tmp/root/etc/,=20
A fresh "/etc/make.conf" with different options overwrite the old one. =
It do led to failure of installworld.
You only need to edit "/etc/make.conf" with the same configuration as b=
efore, the installworld process
will run smoothly again.

Sorry for my poor english, I am chinese.

Regards,
Lawrence H.Y. Cheung

P.S. Remember do not overwrite some important file in /etc during upgra=
de, such as 'password' file(s), /etc/fstab ,...etc.

dfrazier@Op.Net@SMTP@FreeBSD.ORG on 03/14/2000 12:31:27 PM
Sent by:	owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG