Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:59:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Hofmann <wes@mailhub.mho.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems installing Apache + Frontpage under FreeBSD

To whom it may concern:

	I recently installed FreeBSD 3.1 and have very little problem
configuring the operating systems according to our company standards.
The only problem I have encountered is making the ports collection
"apache_fp-1.3.4" to work correctly.  After typing "make install" in the
ports directory for it, it correctly patches the source, compiles,
installs, and begins the installation program for FrontPage 3.0.  This
installation finishes correctly and make finishes the installation
correctly.  After starting the apache daemon, however; FrontPage clients
cannot connect to the server.  I have tried all that I can think of, but
so far my efforts have been in vain.  When a FrontPage client connects,
it always fails and the server returns the error

"404 Not Found:
Not found the requested URL /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc was not found
on the server.
Apache/1.3.4 Server at mailhub.mho.net Port 80"

	Any advice you can give on correcting this problem would be
greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Wes Hofmann
MHO