Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:42:56 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
Cc:        "Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson" <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/16147: New Awhois Port

On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 10:55:03PM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:
> On 17-Jan-00 Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:
> > It is missing the NIC Handle look ups. The arin stuff is kinda not all
> > there.
> >
> > Sorry I like awhois.
>
> I'm sure that the whois(1) in the main source tree can be modified to take on
> these "features" that awhois/bw/others have been offering. Some might view this
> as "bloat", however, so if that is true, then there is no reason to deny
> awhois/etc. their place in the Ports Collection.

Lemme know what you'd like in our version and I'll add it when I get
a moment.  Lots of people make use on a day2day basis of the stock whois
client.  It should be as useful as possible, without having to resort to
installing additional ports.  (BTW I'm the original author of the ripewhois
port).

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser	FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager	deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)