Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:14:44 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   NOPORTDOCS variable

Hi,

I'm trying to make a port (of grdb, a GTK theme matcher for Motif/Athena/Tk
apps) and want to install the README along with it (it's the only documentation
available). I tried to follow the Porters Handbook suggestion and wrap
the installation in a conditional:

post-install:
.if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
	${MKDIR} ${X11BASE}/share/doc/grdb
	${INSTALL_MAN} ${WRKSRC}/README ${X11BASE}/share/doc/grdb
.endif

However, if I try to make a package this fails because pkg/PLIST does
of course contain share/doc/grdb/README...

The handbook says I shouldn't worry about it, but this still seems strange
to me. What did I miss?

--Stijn