Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 22:28:47 -0600
From:      peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pib comments.

In article <Pine.NEB.3.95.970106121603.10100D-100000@mail.cdsnet.net>,
Jaye Mathisen   <mrcpu@cdsnet.net> wrote:
>My frustration with TCL/TK was related to performance in general, not your
>app.  I've tried TKdesk, and it crawls, and zircon runs like  a dog as
>well.

TkDesk is slow, barely usable under Tcl 7.x, but it is usable on my 486/50.

Zircon is quite snappy, thank you very much, again on the same 486/50.

Under Tcl 8.0a1 WebTk, another program about as slow as TkDesk under 7.x,
is pretty damn fast. If your problem is Tcl speed, then try it with the 8.0
alpha. I suspect that you've got a problem with the Tk side, though, since
your box SHOULD be fast enough to make my head explode.