Date:      Sat, 02 May 2015 22:23:38 -0700
From:      Michael Dexter <editor@callfortesting.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xen_kernel, console and X11

On 5/2/15 7:41 PM, Outback Dingo wrote:
>> When I drop 'console=com1' from 'xen_cmdline', I cannot even see a login
>> >screen. All I can see is a black screen with a white cursor. It doesn't
>> >respond to any input though. On the other hand, the system doesn't seem
>> >to be frozen, at least power button triggers an ACPI event for power
>> >off.
>> >
> I can concur, I am seeing the same thing as the configuration you have
> follwing that doc this morning.
> I also have the black screen with the white cursor.....

Verify that the /etc/ttys change is made.

Try "console=com1,vga" and "com1=115200,8n1,pci" in the Xen string in
loader.conf

Using an ExpressCard serial interface, I had to set the setting manually:

set comconsole_pcidev=5:0:0
set comconsole_port=0x4000
set comconsole_speed=115200

That's all I have figured out so far. Do share if you get it working.

Michael Dexter