Date:      Wed, 3 May 2006 18:47:35 GMT
From:      "gs_stoller@juno.com" <gs_stoller@juno.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   (no subject)

Dear Folks:
	My version of  gcc  doesn't work (reports errors in code that compiles =
elsewhere).  Where can I go to download a later version of  GNU  code fo=
r  gcc  &  gdb  suitable for a  FreeBSD  system?  I went to the  GNU  si=
te but all I found there was source code ( .c  &  .h ), useless without =
a working compiler.  Also, even if I had found a working binary,
how would I know if it is for  FreeBSD ,  LINUX ,  Solaris , or some oth=
er system?
	Are there inexpensive but good working commercial compilers suitable fo=
r a  FreeBSD  system?  If so, what are they and how can their distributo=
rs be contacted?  What about shareware or freeware?