Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:38:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Aflatoon Aflatooni <aaflatooni@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache20 port on FreeBSD 7.2 does a core dump

> Aflatoon Aflatooni writes:=0A> =0A> > I am getting a lot of core dumps an=
d Apache20 freezing.=0A> > I have installed the porting using the following=
 make:=0A> >=0A> > make WITHOUT_MODULES=3D"ssl status speling imap auth_dbm=
 auth_digest dav dav_fs =0A> cern_meta cgi include" install=0A> >=0A> > any=
 suggestions as to how I might find out what is causing the problem and the=
 =0A> core dumps.=0A> =0A> The first thing I'd try is re-including the excl=
uded modules.=0A> If you no longer get the crashes, you can start narrowing=
 in on which=0A> one is involved.=A0 If you still get the crashes, you'll h=
ave to start=0A> looking at the core files.=0A> =0A> I'm assuming you're no=
t used to using a debugger on a core file, =0A> on the theory that you woul=
d have done that already if you were=0A> comfortable with it.=0A> =0A=0AI o=
riginally had them included and I was getting the core dumps, but I removed=
 them because I don't need them and I am still getting the core dumps.=0A=
=0AThis is a production box and it would be hard to have debugger turned on=
.=0AI don't know if it would be helpful, but PHP is also really slow on thi=
s machine. I know that PHP would cause a dump in the php.core file and not =
apache.core.=0A=0AHow do I inspect the core file to find out which module c=
aused it?=0A=0AThanks=0A=0A=0A