Date:      Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:29:13 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-pango's pango-querymodules

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:33:13 -0400
Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> For some reason, the post-install target of the linux-pango
> port fails for me every time, because the executable
> (/compat/linux/usr/bin/pango-querymodules) fails to find libX11.so.6
>
> Adding an explicit invocation of Linux' ldconfig seems to help, though.
> Have you seen such a thing before? I'm using the 32-bit Linux emulation
> on FreeBSD-6.0/amd64.

Are you using a non-default linux_base? The default linux_base includes
the X11 directory in the ld.so.conf, so we don't need the ldconfig
part. Trevor failed to add it to his non-default linux_base versions
even after I told him about the problem (I did it at least once, maybe
more than once).

The reason why the linux_base port has to have this in ld.so.conf
instead of adding it when installing the linux-X11 bits is: the file is
owned by linux_base and no port should modify the files of other ports
if we can avoid it. Adding the directory in the linux_base port doesn't
hurt and causes a less complex de-/installation procedure for the
linux-X11 bits.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
                ...Oh, wait a minute, he already does.