Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:06:46 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        "Bart Lindsey" <bart@burra.zip.com.au>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: nlpt device

I added:
controller ppc0 at isa? port? tty irq 7

on my configuration last night (after a more thorough inspection) and it
worked fine.  What is the purpose of this versus nlpt (which is now also
found)?  On my PII machine with a AL440LX motherboard, I don't need this
line and everything is found just fine.

The real bummer for me is that I have a Lexmark 5700 printer, which has a
proprietary command set and will not work under FreeBSD (without more work
than it is worth).  I may have to pull out my old HP600C and get it working
again.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com