Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 22:48:54 -0700
From:      Tom Brown <cgf@star.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   stty wont change ttyd1 to be CTS/RTS

Hi,
Since installing BSD, in an attempt to avoid the products of MS I have
had a mixed bag of fortunes.

I managed to install the system with relatively few problems.  However
since then I have hit a brick wall.  In order to get the system
functioning as an Apache server I need to configure ppp to read the
documentation,  I can't get beond login.

In order to find out more I took a step back to see if I could perform
the most mundane of tasks by connecting an ASCI terminal (Psion 3a in
asci terminal mode) to the system.  Fine I have a port (COM2) ttyd1 set
up in /dev/ttys as a standard 9600 it's 'on' and secure.

I note that the paper manual say's to change to CTS/RTS control all I
have to do is type:
stty -f /dev/ttyid1 crtscts
My understanding from the E-Handbook is that this will change the port
to RTS/CTS control. I try and nothing has changed when i check with:
stty -a -f /dev/ttyd1.
If anyone knows what is going on here  and how I can modify rc.serial to
do this as a default setting, I'd be greatful.

Thanks for your time.

TMCB1971@YAHOO.COM