Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 08:56:52 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>, MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [ATA/PC-Card,4-current] Patches to ata driver for PC-Card

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 10:38:18AM -0800, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro writes:
> |   I tested two ATAPI/ATA-PC-Cards with Doug Ambrisko's new
> | ATA/PC-Card patch which was posted this FreeBSD-mobile mailing list.
> |
> | PC-Card patch for new ATA driver
> | http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=235552+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-mobile/19991031.freebsd-mobile
> |
> |   First, ``I-O Data'' 16bit IDE interface card with Portable CD-ROM
> | is fine and I can mount CD-ROM without trouble.
> |
> |   Second, 32MBytes Compact Flash PC-Card has problem.
> | 	- probe/attach		OK
> | 	- fdisk ad4		OK
> | 	- mount -t msdos	NG
> |   (I think this problem is not related to ATA/PC-Card driver, I will
> | fdisk and re-format it)
>
> That's encouraging, Warner told me the flash card he had didn't work.
> I should have one next week to play with.  I forget in what way it
> didn't work.

Mine didn't work either when I tried it a while back.  I think it was
the same; it attached fine, but did not appear to be an msdos
filesystem.  I got garbage when reading from it and I think eventually
a panic.  Didn't have time to fiddle with it, though.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/