Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:50:47 -0400
From:      "Craig St. Jean" <valiantsoul@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Routing and subnets problems

I have a complicated situation. Firstly, I have cable running into my
house which connects to a wireless router. Every computer except for 1
is connected to this wirelessly at the moment.

One of those wireless computers is using a wireless to ethernet bridge
with the computer running FreeBSD 4.10 stable. Lets call this computer
A. Wired to that computer is another, dual booting FreeBSD and Windows
which I will call computer B. At the moment I am just trying to get
that computer on the net, but later will add port forwarding to allow
it to run certain servers. I tried setting up ipf and ipnat by
following tutorials on the internet however they didn't seem to get
the two computers to talk. So I kept my ipf rules and turned off
ipnat.

Once I did that I changed all of the wireless computer's IPs to be
under 192.168.1.64 and then set the netmask of the router and all of
the computers connected's netmasks to 255.255.255.192. I then set the
second nic of computer A to 192.168.1.65 and computer B's IP to
192.168.1.66 and its router to 192.168.1.65 (I have tried others such
as 192.168.1.1 aswell). Still computer A and B don't talk. I checked
the routing tables and the 192.168.1.0 network is there, along with
192.168.1.64/26.

Any ideas on how I can get computer B on the net? If I can get it a
part of 192.168.1.x that would be great because I can just use the
wireless router's port forwarding from there.

Thanks!