Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:08:32 -0500
From:      Josh Paetzel <friar_josh@tcbug.org>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        sdbug@sdbug.org
Subject:   Re: lament about freebsd sacrifices

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:36:05AM -0700, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> I thought I would post this as something of a warning.  Using
> FreeBSD as a primary, non-dual-boot OS means sacrificing.  Here is a
> partial list of sacrifices, as compared to Microsoft Windows XP:

People that use FreeBSD as a primary desktop are usually the sorts of people
that buy hardware that works fine in FreeBSD.

In order to avoid escalation I will not mention the many "sacrifices" a
typical Windows user has made

> * webcam ball
> * flatbed scanner
> * color printer
> * digital cameras
> * firewire devices
> * several USB 1 and 2 devices
> * IM software features such as voice and video chat
> * websites that use ActiveX (Windows) controls
> * MP3 devices
>
> Any major sacrifices I've forgotten?  ":-\

Not that I can think of, but you've included some devices on that list that
work fine for me in FBSD.

> --
> Peter Leftwich, President & Founder
> Video2Video Services
> Box 13692, La Jolla, CA, 92039, USA
> http://Www.Video2Video.Com

Assuming you aren't a troll, this sort of discussion belongs on -chat.

Josh Paetzel