Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:27:46 -0700
From:      Jim Binkley <jrb@cse.ogi.edu>
To:        Kurt Joseph Windisch <kurtw@network-services.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WaveLAN PCMCIA for 2.2.6-RELEASE?

>Is there a way to drive a WaveLAN PCCARD from FreeBSD 2.2.6 w/o
>using the PAO patches (which cause too many other problems on my
>Digital Hinote Ultra 2000).  I can get 2.2.6-RELEASE to do everything
>I need except WaveLAN.  There is a driver, but it looks like it only
>supports isa cards, not PCMCIA.  Are there patches that don't rely on PAO?
Basically no,  the if_wlp.c driver is ensnarled in the PAO.
It needs liberation IMHO because there are features that it should
support (figuring out dynamically if it is 2.4 or 915, and also
dealing with 2.4 subchannels), that it doesn't.

I would be delighted if the if_wlp.c driver could somehow
be taken out of the PAO and simply made part of any 2.2.6-RELEASE.

It is possible that later this summer (say post July 1) I could
supply hw to someone I can trust to make this happen.

					regards,
					Jim Binkley
					jrb@cs.pdx.edu