Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 02:24:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3COM 3c509 "eeprom failed to come ready"

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Beat me to it.  Every problem I've had in the past with a pre-PnP ISA
> card was due to other device probes confusing the proper device.  So I
> typically disable all probes of any non-PnP ISA cards unless I have
> them.

Yea, the probe for the 3c507 (ie driver) isn't very smart.

I've rewritten all the ISA front ends for the 'ie' driver but haven't yet
gotten the rest of the driver into shape.  If someone is interested in
picking this up from me do speak up.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |