Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:41:15 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "Finding Myself"  [DNS Issues]

Forgive my newbieness, I seem to have a DNS issue.

myprompt$host myserver.com

host myserver.com has address my.ip.add.ress
myserver.com mail is handled (PRI=10) by mail.myserver.com

*BUT*

myprompt$ nslookup - myserver.com

Server:  myserver.com
Address:  my.ip.add.ress

>myserver.com

*** myserver.com can't find myserver.com: Non-existent host/domain ***

I need this server to be authoritative...

Points to relevant documentation (I've read man named.conf, man named,
man nslookup---but I'll do it again if you're sure...) or the absolute
perfect
google search string would be appreciated, as would a darn fine right
answer from anyone with the information.  TIA, Kevin K

PS cc me, please --- I signed up for questions a while ago, but
majordomo doesn't like my DNS   :-)

Version info:

myprompt$ /usr/sbin/named -v
named 8.2.4-REL Mon Jan 28 12:52:14 GMT 2002
        murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/named

myprompt$ uname -a
FreeBSD hostname.myserver.com 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan 28
14:31:56 GMT 2002
murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386