Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:18:32 -0500
From:      "Frank Griffith" <frankg@idfw.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What happened to my mail program

I run FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a Pentium computer and use
ppp to connect to my ISP. The computer then runs as a
gateway for some other Win95 machines on my network.
I constantly reinstall the OS to keep sharp on my skills
and try different settings. A few weeks ago I was able
to do this:

    mail some_address@some_domain.com

Type in a subject and some text then exit with a .

And the person at some_address@some_domain.com would
receive the mail I sent. A few days ago I reinstalled 2.2.7 and
now my mail won't be delivered. I can still execute the command
and I do not see any error message, but no mail. I don't
remember having to set anything for the mail to work. Can
someone tell me what may be wrong?