Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:30:46 +0300
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        "Neil Blakey-Milner" <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, "Power JeSsIe!" <jessie@power-jessie.net>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bsd logo

Who gives a f**k about this? Some weird
brain screwed religion maniac who is perversed enough
to be classied as fanatic and will become a member os
some sect w/o doub.

A well know official relegion representative
in Russian (Russian Ortodox) said on behave on the number
666 that it is only a number. Nothing more. It can be used,
written, manupulated, said and so forth w/o being in danger
of calling upon evil. This is just a number. If you put some
extra meaning in it - it is you up to you, but it is closer
to pagan culture.

So, FreeBSD logo is just a FreeBSD logo. Nobody knows
how daemon (demon, imp, etc) look like. Or in my case,
if it even exists. So, relax people! Read some good
books (Freud, Stanislav Lem) to clear up your view on such
things.

The creature which is represented on FreeBSD logo is
definitelly a freindly one and it is (using human anotomy) still
a child or a teenager. I doubt that such creature with a smile
can represent any kind of danger. Psychologically for
a modern human (whose culture is relied upon religion
not as much as in 19th centure) this picture should
be associated with position emotion and humor. If it is not
for you - visit your psychoanalist.

Best regards,
Artem