Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:48:00 est
From:      "Antonio Carlos Pina" <apina@infolink.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dummynet stopping ?

Hello,

Sorry if it was discussed before, but I couldn't find.

Today, after 2 months working like a charm, one of my dummynet pipes
stopped to pipe. The IP Address that it takes care was online and I
could even ping it from within my bridge machine, through his own
interface, but I couldn't ping or whatever from that ip address.

I have something like this:

ipfw pipe 3 64Kbit/s
ipfw pipe 4 64Kbit/s
ipfw add pipe ip from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to any via ep0
ipfw add pipe ip from any to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx via ep0

(I'm sorry, these commands may be wrong since I can't access the
bridge machine now. But it is working)

As soon as I destroied the pipe and reapplied it, everything went
fine again.

I took a little look in ipfw pipe list, but I couldn't understand the
data that was showed (drps I presume are drops, it was increasing
while I was looking)

Does anybody have seen this ? I'm running 4.2-STABLE and I've been
thinking about cvsup the whole thing. I'm a bit concern because as I
can ping the IP address from within the bridge machine, I can't even
do a little script to test this situation and rebuild the pipes... :-/

Thank you for any help,

Best Regards,
Antonio Carlos Pina
apina@infolink.com.br