Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:12:38 +1000 (EST)
From:      dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, yurtesen@ispro.net.tr
Subject:   Re: Linux is better than FreeBSD on X?

I've had some weird issues like that with both linux & unix .... from
my limited experience it seems just a conflict issue thats usually
resolved with a different card. Although S3 cards usually work
in almost any system, there still appears to be the odd one which
gives unusual "features". Its hardly worth losing sleep over as they
are economical enough so just try another one or even a different
brand of videocard.