Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:12:28 -0700
From:      Brad Karp <bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu
Subject:   SRX87 clarification

I wrote:

>        /*
>         * Wait until arp entries can be handled.
>         */
>        while (time_second == 0)
>                tsleep(&time_second, PZERO + 8, "arpkludge", 10);
>
> This tsleep() never returns!

That may not be totally accurate: a printf() after this while loop is never
executed. So there are two possibilities: either a single call to tsleep()
never returns, or the while loop never terminates.

I suspect that clock interrupts are an essential part of tsleep's timeout
mechanism, so perhaps I'm right that it's the former (single call to tsleep()
never returns).

But either way, the cause would be no clock interrupts are being delivered...

-Brad, bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu