Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:12:46 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Andrew Johns <ajohns@TurnAround.com.au>
Cc:        george.tsirtsis@bt.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, heinrich@zaphod.wh9.tu-dresden.de
Subject:   Re: freebsd uptime

Andrew Johns wrote:

> I went to visit my previous employer yesterday - the 486SX there had 113
> days uptime (since the last power outage :( ).  It has never fallen over
> since it was installed apart from the power outages...mind you - it's
> not doing that much - file serving and PC backup mainly...but having
> said that, NT lovers _always_ boast about their file server being up for
> more than 12 months - file serving - Gee, that's a big load on a
> Pentium, eh?

I've been running a program in the background called setiathome. I
checked the uptime since I did my last buildworld and found the
following

kent@ruby$ uptime
 8:06PM  up 25 days,  9:53, 6 users, load averages: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00

It has been busy :-).

Kent

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html