Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 21:31:21 -0000
From:      "Bruno Miguel" <brunomiguel@netcabo.pt>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.2 and syslog mess. /kernel: arp: IP_ADDRESS is on fxp0

> I'm having a similar problem.  2 network cards in each of 3 machines.  3
> connections  to VLAN 2, 3 connections to VLAN 2.  The ports are not
> common.   For some reason (I'm assumming it's a misconfigured VLAN) no
> traffic is allowed to flow over VLAN 2 and the arp replies from vlan2
> requests are being returned through vlan1.
>
> Am I just dumbfounded or do I need a second switch?

I have both real and private ips connected to the same cisco 3500XL
switches and gettin' those messages like hell. I still haven't figured out what's
hapening. No nic card has both private and real ips. I have separate for each
sub-net.

   ...:-=>> The freaking Mail Band <<=-:...
            brunomiguel@netcabo.pt
          D.E.Q. @ I.S.T. - Portugal