Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:45:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ronny Jordalen <secrj@econ.uib.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: msdos mount problems

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Ronny Jordalen wrote:

> Forgive this if it's a silly question, but I haven't been able
> to find much info about it...
>
> I can mount msdos partitions with 'mount -t msdos'. The handbook
> also claims you can mount extended partitions, but I've been
> unable to do so. I have two logical drives defined in that
> extended partition, whereas one is type fat32. Can these two
> be mounted somehow?

Extended partitions are available as the slice numbers above 4, for the
first logical disk it's wd0s5 and so forth.

Fat32 partitions are not supported at current.

> Also, is there support for 'long filenames' as it is under
> Windows 95? This is running FreeBSD 2.2.2. Thanks!

VFAT long filenames aren't supported yet either.

I know of a program called `vmount' that reportedly can mount vfat
partitions.  Check out http://digo.inf.elte.hu/~szoli.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo