Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:22:18 -0800
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
To:        <gerti-freebsdq@bitart.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Keyboard mouse on reboot

> Fell for the same trap. The powers that be decided to change the
> keyboard flags. Change your kernel config from
>
> device atkbd0 at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1
> device atkbd0 at atkbdc? irq 1
>
> and the keyboard problem should be fixed. Don't know if that fixes the
> mouse problem as well.

I could give a ratt's ass about the mouse (or a mouse's ass, as the case may
be).  Thanks for the help.  I gotta look into the keyboard flags, something
I've always just ignored.

Geez.  Why would they add this by default ?

0x01    Force detection of keyboard, else we always assume a keyboard

What does it hurt to assume a keyboard ?  At least for generic, then let the
people with special setups change it.

Thanks again.