Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:53:10 -0500
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        "Joel Muia" <joel@crownkenya.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mails undelivered

At 09:10 AM 10/18/2007, Joel Muia wrote:
>Dear Reader
>
>I have FreeBSD 5.5 installed and configured as a firewall and as mail server
>in my network. Unfortunately, a consultant installed and configured before I
>joined the company.  I am the system administrator however I do not know on
>how to support it.
>

>Currently, mails are not going. Only internal mails are be delivered.
>

>How do I troubleshoot? What services do I restart and what commands should I
>use.

You need to find out more information before we can offer much help.  You
need to determine how and what mail software you are using.  Look in
/etc/rc.conf to see if you have sendmail_enable statements there, or
something else (postfix, dovecot, etc.)  You could be using a number of
different software configurations.

Once you determine what software your server is running, post that back to
this thread and you can get more help.

         -Derek

believed to be clean.