Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2000 17:45:55 -0300
From:      "Alejandro S. Ghersin" <aghersi@fi.uba.ar>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ATAPI CD-R CD-RW MUSIC DAO FreeBSD

--------------5522E6022CE499B400BD2B18

Searching through e-mail lists I have seen succesfull examples of CD
burning with ATAPI CD-R CD-RW under FreeBSD 3.0 and above using acd
device and wormcontrol.

I have also noticed that wormcontrol allows burning of music CDs
aparently in TAO mode (track at once) whose 2 second pause between
tracks turns pretty nasty in some cases.

Is is likely that future developement of wormcontrol will support DAO
(disk at once) mode?
Is it likely that future developement of the CAM scsi system will
support ATAPI drives?
This would allow usage of all scsi developed software for burning CDs as
the extraordinay CDRDAO (which is included in FreeBSD-3.4) , CDRECORD,
cdparanoia, etc..

I must say that I have succesfully used CDRDAO 1.1.2 and CDRECORD 1.6.1
with an HP 7200i recorder under Linux with the ide-scsi driver.

Thanks,

--------------5522E6022CE499B400BD2B18

begin:vcard
n:Ghersin;Alejandro S.
tel;home:(54-11)-4822-8739
tel;work:54-11-4343-0891 ext. 299
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.fi.uba.ar/investi/gicor
org:Facultad de Ingeniería - UBA;Gicor - LAE- Depto. de Electrónica
version:2.1
email;internet:aghersi@fi.uba.ar
adr;quoted-printable:;;Av. Paseo Col=F3n 850=0D=0A;Buenos Aires;;1063;Argentina
x-mozilla-cpt:;-9056
fn:Alejandro S. Ghersin
end:vcard