Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:42:51 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Tim Evans <tevans@si-net.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freeBSD Website

Jim,

Your best bet for this sort of question is the mailing list
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.

We don't keep an explicit list of what comes with the OS.  FreeBSD
does support several thousand applications out-of-the-box, including
just about anything that comes with Red Hat Linux.  Our base OS is
very stripped down, lean and mean, allowing you to add what you'd
like.  Red Hat tends to throw just about anything that might be
vaguely useful into the mix.

Hope that helps!

==ml

--