Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:04:24 +0100
From:      cpghost@cordula.ws
To:        Tabor Kelly <tkelly-freebsd-questions@taborandtashell.net>
Cc:        Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
Subject:   Re: Native 5.3 port of OpenOffice?

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:17:13AM -0800, Tabor Kelly wrote:
> Dave Horsfall wrote:
> >On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> >

> >>direction of http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/index.html
> >

> >And if you follow the ports route instead, just how many more bloody hoops
> >do we have to jump through?
>
> I did it, and it wasn't hard, just confusing. It is confusing because
> you need to know that:
>
> 1. You need the linprocfs mounted to make java/linux-sun-jdk14
> 2. You need to install java/jdk14 before you try to build OpenOffice
> (even though this is not listed as a dependency).
>
> Note: this is from my memory, which is not always 100% what it should be.

Installing native jdk14 isn't that hard, as long as you follow the
instructions to the letter.

I've tried to compile openoffice from scratch using the port (it worked
before), but this time it bombed near the end with a program 'lzip'
dumping core because it was fed a wrong package list (?). I tried to
track the problem down, but it was too deeply hidden within the OO
build process, so I finally gave up and fetched the binary package which
works perfectly. This was 2 weeks ago; perhaps OO compiles perfectly now?

Cheers,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/