Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:13:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Patrick Thomas <root@utility.clubscholarship.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cryptography implications (privacy) of FreeBSD jail ?

Let's say I am running in a jail, and say 5 other people are running in
other, seperate jails on the same machine.

Now lets say I start up pgp, and generate my keys, and generally use pgp
through the command line in my jail.  Or, instead of pgp I do other crypto
related sensitive activities...

what is my risk here ?  Can someone either on the host machine or in one
of the other jails watch memory on the machine and discern things like my
keys or passphrases or have very easy access to the data I am decrypting ?

Please feel free to expand on the topic as well, in case there are related
questions that I am _not_ asking, but should be...

--pt