Date:      Mon, 07 Jul 1997 10:24:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI Bridge Question

Hi David Greenman;  On 07-Jul-97 you wrote:

> >>    Did you verify that it actually doesn't work? From the above, the
> >> device appears to have been mapped and attached okay.
> >
> >Yup.  Dead as a dead horse.  The other card is very alive.
> >This problem does not exist under 3.0-current 9as of today).
>
>    Then what version was it failing under?

RELENG_2_2 as of Saturday.  Are you maintaining this driver?  Is there a
maintainer?  Should I dig into it?

> >fxp_add_rfabuf
> >fxp_intr
>
>    Hmmm. That function just allocates mbufs/mbuf clusters and adds them
> to the
> end of a chain. It appears that the index into the mclrefcnt array is
> causing
> the panic - apparantly because the mbuf cluster pointer value, which was
> just
> gotten from mclfree, is bogus. This might indicate that something that
> wasn't
> an mbuf cluster had been freed onto the mclfree list. In any case, this
> appears to be a much more generic problem - not specific to the fxp
> device
> driver.

Most likely.  The fxp is where I see it on this system.

BTW, what are your thoughts on my project using 3.0 kernel with 2.2 release?
We really like the SMP kernel, even where it stands today (already better
than
NiceTry :-)

Simon