Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 2000 09:48:38 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        FUJISHIMA Satsuki <k5@cheerful.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with Linux interpreter

In message <86g0prqoj7.wl@cheerful.com> FUJISHIMA Satsuki writes:
: At Sun, 02 Jul 2000 22:10:15 -0600,
: Warner Losh <imp@village.org> wrote:
: > In message <86hfa81m2f.wl@cheerful.com> FUJISHIMA Satsuki writes:
: > : Please take a look into ports/18489.
: > : Workaround for i386 has been committed at 14th May but not for Alpha.
: > : I think you are on the Alpha plathome, or your ports tree is weirdly
: > : out of date.
: >
: > Everything is up to date.  The kernel, my ports tree, userland.  I
: > still get this problem after updating to today's kernel/userland.
: > Yes, ldconfig has been branded.  ld.so has been branded.  acroread
: > (the binary that acroread4 runs, verified).  I've enabled linux in the
: > boot script (and verified that it runs).
:
: You don't answered my question: Is it Alpha plathome you are on?

Sorry about that.  I'm running on Intel.

: print/acroread4 port has workaround for i386 but not for Alpha. see
: ports/18489 for details.
:
: Brand new kernel/userland is not a solusion. I successfully installed
: and ran acroread4 perfectly on 1st July i386 kernel/userland built
: from scratch.

OK.  Nothing changed in this area between July and July 2 when I
rebuilt....

: >ELF interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found
: >Abort
:
: This seems `Linux binary branded to FreeBSD.'

If it is, I can't figure out which one it is :-(

Warner