Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 08:43:22 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Mark.Andrews@nominum.com, Jason F Wells <jason@routermonkey.com>
Cc:        Mike Andrews <mandrews@bit0.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird sporadic DNS resolution problems

At 07:29 PM 1/14/2001 +1100, Mark.Andrews@nominum.com wrote:
> > The interesting difference in my problem (I think it's interesting...)
> > is that neither of the nameservers for dml.com are lame;
>
>         They are lame.  They are returning non-authoratative answers.
>         Note the lack of a "aa" (authoratative answer) flag.  If you
>         query further you find other problems.

Yes, most definitely LAME. The question I have however is when did the
behavior of rejecting mail from LAME domains take place?  It was not always
this way and seems specific to FreeBSD in that the same version of sendmail
on LINUX does not reject mail from LAME domains, nor has a problem of
sending mail to LAME domains using the same cf files.  I hope gshapiro does
not mind, but I will cc him as he might be able to shed some light on the
specifics of the FreeBSD issue.

         ---Mike