Date:      Thu, 7 May 2009 22:28:34 -0400
From:      "Paul Stewart" <paul@paulstewart.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   7.2 Installation Problem - Large Disk

Hi there..

I hope this is the correct mailing list to ask this question.

I have a Dell Poweredge R710 server (brand new)... 7.2-RELEASE installs fine
but I'm having a problem getting any large partitions over approximately
500GB.  During the installation it allows me to create 4.5TB partition but
after rebooting it's only really 500GB +/-

Has anyone successfully installed into a disk this large?  This is a RAID5
array using the Dell Perc 6/I controller

I have installed now 6+ times with smaller partitions (100GB even) and run
into problems . hoping someone could share how they got large disk support
working..  I'd be happy with several 1TB partitions but when I configure it
this way and exceed 4 partitions it tells me disk error creating
partitions..

Thanks,

Paul