Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 00:27:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Scott Emerson Longley <emerson@WPI.EDU>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Making the all-important switch

I'm about ready to ditch Windoze for good and I'm spending what little
free time I can find to prepare by researching FreeBSD. Currently, I run
two OpenBSD servers and use a 3rd OpenBSD system (a laptop) as a portable
terminal. I have 3 years of *nix (OpenBSD, true64, linux) experience, but
only one years experience as an administrator (OpenBSD). My main desktop
system is W2k and I am sick and tired of it. I have decided to replace W2k
with FreeBSD, as it is more suited to desktop use than OpenBSD. Now that
I'm done babbling, here's my question:

What major differences will I encounter (post-install) as a new FreeBSD
user/administrator that my OpenBSD experience wouldn't have prepared me
for?

I'm particularly curious about large underlying differences, but I'm
interested in anything you folks consider important. Thanks in advance for
the help.

			-Scott