Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 12:25:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: win95 and DNS

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:

> Sorry, I don't understand Microsoft.  But you might be able to find
> out with tcpdump, assuming this is going via your FreeBSD box.

I dont understand MS either, only enough to get by and do what I need to
do. Me and another fellow were setting up a LAN to use the internet via a
satellite dish and some of the probs we had were due to MS not following
an RFC.

At any rate I do have tcpdump humming away in the bg now so hopefully
that will shed some light on this.

> > Hope not, not really into figureing out something else right now.
>
> It's simple!  Read all about it:
>
> Name server on a standalone system
<big snip>

Wow! thanks for that. I have to file it away for now though. One thing at
a time! :)

Keith