Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:25:45 +0100
From:      Victor Balada Diaz <victor@bsdes.net>
To:        remko@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/93793: [keyboard] Keyboard stops working after a shutdown -p now (Sony VAIO VGN-S4XP)

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 09:57:03PM +0000, remko@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: [keyboard] Keyboard stops working after a shutdown -p now (Sony VAIO VGN-S4XP)
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: remko
> State-Changed-When: Thu Feb 16 21:57:03 UTC 2012
> State-Changed-Why:
> Apologies if this comes in as a surprise. After reading through this I
> think this might be something in the hardware, shutdown -p now does a
> poweroff of the system. IF the system ater that does not seem to respond
> to the keyboard anymore, not even outside of the OS, then something
> hardware-ish is wrong. Unless someone else can confirm that he has
> exactly this problem, I really feel that this is related to local
> hardware (I never ever saw this problem myself...)

Hello remko,

Shutdown problems happen in other vaios too. I know sometime ago it happened
in linux, but they did some change and after that, everything worked.

If you want, you can close the ticket, but it's fixable by the OS :)

Regards

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.