Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 1996 09:27:32 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        Keith Leonard <keithl@gil.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hard drive magically doubled??

I'm curious, did use 'df' or df -k' ????
'df' reports blocks in 512 byte chunks free...
'df -k' reports block in 1024 byte chunks free...

On Sun, 18 Feb 1996, Keith Leonard wrote:

> Any body have any idea why when I did an 'df' I got a reading of 103000
> blocks used and 302000 available giving me 25% (approx.)used  - This was
> yesterday. This morning I ran pkg_manage and added latex. latter I
> decided that it wasn't necessary and ran pkg_manage to deinstall it. When
> I ran 'df' about an hour latter I got 205000 blocks used 609000 blocks
> free and of course still only approx. 25% used??????
>
> Now I'm concerned that something else may not be reported right to the
> system.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Keith
> common sense and common courtesy - aren't, are they?
>
> keithl@gil.net
>
> adolesent flamers need not reply.

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178