Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:07:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Smc659@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using UDMA

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999 Smc659@aol.com wrote:

Redirected to -questions only...

> Im currently using FreeBSD-3.2 stable. How do you get UDMA support working
> under FreeBSD? Do I need FreeBSD 4-Current?

See the remarks in /sys/i386/conf/LINT for IDE hard disks (search for
wdc).  All you need to do is add something like 'flags 0xa0ffa0ff' to the
end of the controller definition to enable UDMA for the respective drives.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.