Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:41:17 +0800
From:      "Michael Lee" <kclee@tiny.ws>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Uninstalling Port installed applications

Hi,

I have a question about uninstalling port.

Say, there are 5 applications -- A, B, C, D, E

Installing A depends on B,C,D, and E.
There is no problem that I type 'make install' under /usr/port/xxx/A
that the port system will help me install B,C,D,E since they are required by
application A.
Supposed that E was also required by another application F which was already
installed in the system,
I wonder if I type 'make deinstall' under /usr/port/xxx/A and try to
uninstall A,
will the port system help me uninstall B,C,D but not uninstall E ?

Thank you!

Michael Lee