Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2017 09:32:10 +0000
From:      Frank Leonhardt <frank2@fjl.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Daily and Weekly Periodic Scripts

For what it's worth, in a similar situation I simply have a cron
triggered script that greps certain files (or the output of certain
utilities) and fires off an email if it finds/doesn't find certain
things. Very simple and flexible, and it keeps nagging if I don't do
anything about it. I keep thinking of doing something more gala, but
over many years I've found this actually works for me.

Regards, Frank.