Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:39:26 +0000
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, tim@lost.net.au
Subject:   Re: rc.conf

I happen to recall there is a way to re-read, or restart, whatever you
want to call it, rc.conf, and it does not involve rebooting at all. It
has to do with sending a sighup or some such thing to process 1, I
believe. That's the problem, I can't remember how. I know it's gotta be
in the archives, but after an hour of searching I gave up, there's just
too many irrelevant results.

--
Chip