Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:54:14 -0600
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        Andre` Niel Cameron <AndreC@Axxs.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PLEASE REMOVE CAMCOM@OPTONLINE.NET

Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, said on Wed Jan 02, 2002 [05:25:53 PM]:
}
} > I have requested camcom@optonline.net be removed SEVERAL times..  Can you
} > please get it off the list?  It's my home email address and I am using
} > Dial-up at home right now and this list is killing me:)  PLEASE help.
} > Thanks.
} >
} > Regards,
} > Andre` C.
} > Technical Support
} > ԿԬ
} >
} > To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
} > with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
} ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
}
} 	If this dosen't work, you're not subscribed to the list under this
} address. Try emailing majordomo directly for help. There is a command that
} will tell you what address you're connected to as.

No, I think what he's trying to get at is that he can't send mail to
FreeBSD.org from home, probably because his ISP doesn't have a reverse
mapping for his dynamic IP address, and he's sending mail directly rather
than relaying through his ISP's mail server.  No amount of people telling
him to send mail to majordomo will solve that problem.

I understand the reason the postmaster(s) have implemented this, but you
also have to understand that there are a number of people who subscribed
prior to the implementation of some of the anti-spam measures, who are now
unable to unsubscribe from the lists, and who are probably unable to even
contact the postmaster to get the problem fixed (at least from their home
address).  Telling them to do what they have repeatedly said that they have
already tried will not help.

--

   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com