Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:13:49 -0000
From:      "DSA-JCR" <jcrdsa@dsa.es>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Newbie questions about FreeBSD

Hi all:

I am new (really new) to FreeBSD and I have some questions about it.

I am in the process of selecting a Operating System for my Server.
This wil be a Communications Server in a "CyberCafe".
It will serve to 10-15 Computers.

I would like to know the following in order to choose FreeBSD as the O.S.:

1.- Has FreeBSD a graphic Interface ?
2.- Is translated to Spanish?
3.- Is capable of (have app.s for) : write CD-ROMs, Email Server, news
server, chat, ...
4.- What about "drivers" for SCSI, Video, SoundCards, ...
5.- Support Double Processor ?
6.- Support P4 ?
7.- comparision with Linux ? (Of course you probably say is "best than
Linux", but, I would like to know specifically and technically the
diferences betwen them.
8.- Can I connect my W98 Network to the Internet with a FreeBSD Computer
Server ? How ?

thanks in advance

Juan Coruņa Rodriguez
Desarrollo de Software Atlantico SL